Do you know of an outstanding bit of science communication by a CGIAR project or partner? If so, why don’t you give them a pat on the back? Nominations for their annual award are due 30 November, 2009.
CGIAR’s Award for Outstanding Communications is designed to highlight the importance of communicating the results of scientific research. It will be awarded to a communications campaign that has effectively and accurately communicated an agriculture science initiative to a target audience. Communications professionals, scientists, researchers, extension workers or others working in this area are eligible for nomination.
Nominees may be individuals or teams working for a CGIAR Center, Challenge Program or a partner institution/organisation that has worked or is working with a CGIAR Center or Challenge Program. The medium for communications may take any form including print, broadcast, video, website, blog, or podcast. The nomination must be endorsed by a CGIAR Center Director general and the communication must have taken place between January 1, 2008 and June 30, 2009. All nominations received will be reviewed by a panel of communications professionals against the following criteria:
- Campaign design in terms of promoting CGIAR objectives
- Campaign outcomes and impact such as audience reached, shift in behaviour or change in policy or practice
- Creativity and innovation in communications
Several of the other CGIAR Science Awards also have communications themes, rewarding good partnerships, support teams, scientific articles, and journalism:
- Promising Young Scientist
- Outstanding Scientist
- Outstanding Scientific Support Team
- Outstanding Partnership
- Outstanding Scientific Article
- Outstanding Communications
- Outstanding Agricultural Journalism