The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) is looking to recruit a Head of Communications and Knowledge Management (CKM) to manage and lead ILRI’s communications and knowledge management work to deliver on ILRI’s mission.
The Communications and Knowledge Management team at ILRI provides central leadership in knowledge sharing, communication and information facilities and expertise to ILRI researchers, the organization and its partners. Activities are intended to enhance ILRI’s effectiveness and outcomes through four main activities:
- Communicate evidence for wider influence – by engaging with decision-makers and other audiences;
- Translate science-based practices into impact – by communicating research outputs towards potential development outcomes;
- Link and connect people and knowledge to enrich collaboration, within ILRI and beyond, learning, interaction and exchange;
- Access, organize and manage, document, publish, communicate and disseminate research knowledge, information and data, products and outputs for wide accessibility and use.
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject area.
- At least 10 years’ experience in research or science communication, information/knowledge management, public awareness or publishing, ideally in an international development context.
- Experienced manager with strong skills in budgeting and financial management, engaging with communications ‘clients’ and partners, and delivering products and services in busy and time-pressed environments.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of communications and knowledge management strategies.
- Experience in leading communications and knowledge management initiatives at an organisational level and engaging with multidisciplinary teams across diverse locations and in a multicultural environment.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Deadline: 30 June 2017
For more information see the full job advert on the ILRI job blog.