We are looking for an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) practitioner to develop, implement and oversee Elrha’s MEAL framework.
Elrha is a leading actor in the humanitarian system focused on research and innovation. We work to improve outcomes for those affected by crises by ensuring that humanitarian practice is based on evidence of what works, and tools and techniques used are continually improved through innovation. We fund and support research and innovation projects around the world, working in partnership with humanitarian organisations, the international research community, the private sector and other actors engaged in research and innovation.
We are looking for an individual with significant experience of working at an organisation-wide level both in terms of developing and implementing a MEAL framework, but also in terms of analysing the results and feeding these back into Elrha’s learning and future programming. In this role you will be instrumental in enabling Elrha to effectively understand and communicate its impact and become a truly learning oriented organisation. You will also:
- Provide MEAL support to Elrha’s grantees where necessary
- Support Elrha team-members in planning, commissioning and managing independent strategic programme evaluations as required on an ad hoc basis
- Prepare external blogs to share select learnings and evaluation results from Elrha’s programme of work
- Represent Elrha at relevant global and regional forums and conferences
To be successful you will need to have significant experience in designing, implementing, leading and overseeing an organisation and programme-wide MEAL framework, ideally in a humanitarian context or for a humanitarian organisation. You will have experience in managing an organisational learning programme, and, supported by excellent communication skills, you will be able to evidence the impact you have made through your previous experience. In addition, you will have:
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, including familiarity with relevant statistical packages
- An understanding of research methodologies with the ability to scrutinise research design for quality and feasibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A proven ability to manage a large and complex workload
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we’ll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that the application link will take you to Save the Children’s job portal. This is because Elrha makes use of the same portal.
Closing date: Thursday, 26th July
Interview date: Friday, 3rd August, London
Location: Cardiff or London
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (2 years), Full-time (35 hours/week)
Closing Date: 26 July 2018