Senior Operations Associate: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning, Teach for All
Salary: Competitive – dependent on prior experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing date: Rolling deadline
Other: All candidates must possess permanent local work permit in order to be considered.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) team supports Teach For All and its network partners to generate evidence of our network’s total impact – on student learning and leadership, participant and alumni leadership, and communities and systems impact. The MERL team engages in evidence generation through a variety of internal, programmatic research on strategic initiatives in teacher and local leadership development, and works in close partnership with external researchers and donors to study Teach For All’s theory of change. The MERL team also supports Teach For All’s internal monitoring, evaluation, and learning approach to support evidence-based decision-making among the various teams at Teach For All.
The Senior Associate, MERL Operations will provide operational and administrative support, playing an integral role in supporting senior MERL team members in ensuring grant-funded research studies operate efficiently and produce high-quality, cutting-edge research. This position provides an individual with superior leadership, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, as well as a passion for evidence-driven decision making, the opportunity to serve as a key contributor to the success of the MERL team.
The Senior Associate, MERL Operations is accountable for designing and implementing systems and processes that will equip the MERL team to work effectively and achieve 1) progress toward our overall team vision and research and evaluation agenda; 2) efficient operations of MERL grants and research; and 3) strong team culture and orientation for diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. They will report directly to the Director of Research, Evaluation, and Network Learning.
The primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- MERL Projects, Grants, and Research Coordination (60%)
- Develop project management systems to monitor multiple research projects and grants simultaneously.
- Create systems for communication and coordination between Teach For All teams, donors, network partners, researcher partners, and other vendors.
- Support resource management and budgeting.
- Assist with research project proposal development, kickoff, instrument and protocol design, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Internal Team Operations (40%)
- Support the development of team culture.
- Assist with developing systems for effective operations to enable our growing team to effectively reach our goals.
- Contribute to the team’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusiveness strategy.
- Develop and maintain systems for cross-team communication and collaboration.
- Manage the team’s finances and budget.
- Support special projects, including data analysis to guide team strategy and team/partner event planning.
Success in this role will be measured by:
- Feedback from network partners and renewal prospects with donors.
- Contributions to developing a team cultural and learning strategy, including diversity, equity, and inclusiveness strategy
- Budget management within +/- 10% of projected budget
- MERL Team staff feedback and satisfaction surveys
Education and Experience
- 3+ years related work or training experience helpful
- Experience supporting research studies and data collection coordination required; experience in classroom/school-level research preferred
- Familiarity with research and evaluation methods for educational research settings (RCTs, quasi-experimental impact evaluations, qualitative methods)
- Experience with data analysis and cleaning
- Experience successfully solving complex and dynamic problems required
- Experience managing complex relationships and multi-stakeholder projects required
- Experience in fundraising preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish, French, Arabic, or Chinese (Mandarin) a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional reasoning and strategic problem solving abilities
- Ability to develop strong relationships with diverse individuals, across all levels of the organization
- Ability to deeply understand and operate sensitively within various local cultural contexts
- Ability to build relationships and communicate in a way that is sensitive to diversity in backgrounds and beliefs (e.g., racial, cultural, socioeconomic, political, etc.)
- Have a strong orientation toward diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in how to approach research and team building
- Ability to be adaptable to an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, results-oriented culture
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and build systems to increase efficiency
- Highly interdependent and team-oriented, proactive, responsible, even when confronted with ambiguity and shifting circumstances
- The judgment and strong critical thinking to know how to prioritize actions, manage workload, and execute in a timely manner
- Effectively communicates ideas to others clearly, simply, and compellingly (both oral and written)
- Strong ability to analyze data and diagnose problems and collaboratively develop solutions in a global context
- Highly organized and detail-oriented in planning and executing tasks, even amid ambiguity
- Confidence in interacting with senior stakeholders and ability to manage confidential or sensitive information with a high degree of maturity and good judgment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Documents; Stata or R is a plus
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values and a commitment to Teach For All’s mission:
- Reflects a sense of possibility in mindset and vision
- Believes in the value of being locally rooted and globally informed
- Drives toward constant learning and improvement
- Convinced of the necessity of diversity and inclusiveness in our work
- Believes in the interdependence between us and our partners in solving this global problem
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please note, this position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. All candidates must possess permanent local work authorization/permit in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Travel expected, approximately 10%, when it is safe to do so and in accordance with local travel guidelines. Travel is dependent on emerging research and grant opportunities. Otherwise, this position is fully remote. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Posting Date: July 19, 2022
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae and a one-page letter of motivation in English directly online. Your letter should summarize motivations for your application and how your skills and experience align with the terms of this opportunity.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of 60 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization committed to developing collective leadership to ensure all children fulfill their potential. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.
For more information or to apply for this role, please click here.