UKCDS is a group of UK Government Departments and research funders with interests in international development. Their aim is to maximise the impact of UK research investments on international development outcomes.
About the job:
- Support the UKCDS Director and other Secretariat staff to provide research and policy advice to UKCDS member organisations and key stakeholders. Provide verbal/written briefing on policy, research, funding and delivery issues concerning research which may impact on international development outcomes.
- Lead or assist with the co-ordination of relations and the communication of information with bodies such as Government Departments and agencies, higher education organisations, relevant private sector organisations and other charities, including representing UKCDS at meetings and conferences.
- Support, and where appropriate, lead one or more UKCDS ‘work streams’ seeking to bring people together, share information, or catalyse opportunities around a particular topic in science/social science for development. This involves stakeholder engagement, policy research and event design.
- Develop and maintain mechanisms to keep abreast of research relevant to development from national and international perspectives.
- Assist and where appropriate, lead the evaluation of quantitative and qualitative information for preparation of papers for submission to the meetings of UKCDS advisory Boards.
Apply by: 5 October, 2015
To see the full description and how to apply for this position, CLICK HERE.