ActionAid are currently seeking an individual with experience in high quality writing for newsletters, blogs and reports, and good at building and maintaining networks, to take on the role of Coordination and communication Volunteer.
The purpose of this volunteer role is to play a key role in supporting the coordination of the EAGLES network in ActionAid and support to the M&E unit:
1) To provide support with coordinating the global network of M&E professionals, the EAGLES (Evaluation and Accountability Global Leaders) to encourage engagement and communication in the most effective manner.
2) Coordinate effective peer to peer support activities and knowledge sharing across the network to help build the capacity of EAGLES network members.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Design, implement and review the engagement and communications strategy
- Design and edit the monthly/quarterly EAGLES newsletter and develop copy with support from the M&E team.
- Identify relevant content and support regular communication with the EAGLES community including through email lists, the intranet pages and the newsletter.
- Continue to develop the EAGLES ‘brand’ by helping to develop and maintain consistent EAGLES visuals and communication style
- Work closely with core EAGLES group to strengthen ownership and sustainability of the network.
- Identify opportunities to integrate EAGLES news and updates into other communication streams in the federation
- Monitor EAGLES email, and respond to queries/requests directed to email and other.
Coordinating peer-to-peer support, capacity building and knowledge sharing
- Organise and manage the database of EAGLES contacts – encouraging EAGLES to update their relevant skills and expertise and publicise this across the federation
- Coordinate upcoming EAGLES webinars (scheduled for 2016) providing technical and logistical support, and circulating relevant information and recordings from these webinars.
- Publicise emerging peer to peer support opportunities, and support communication and coordination of knowledge exchange
- Collect and disseminate support requests from EAGLES members and match them to potential resources including other EAGLE
- Manage online EAGLES platform on the ActionAid intranet where EAGLES can get access to online M&E resources, share their work and communicate with each other
- Support the M&E team with the coordination of EAGLES annual meeting
- Work closely with core EAGLES champions and M&E team members to encourage their ongoing engagement in peer to peer support across the prioritised thematic areas.
- Operationalise a monitoring mechanism for the EAGLES project
- Process membership requests from new EAGLEs members and proactively promote the network across the Federation via HIVE, email, newsletter– actively recruiting new members to join.
- Regularly update on EAGLES progress at M&E team meetings
- Run quarterly review of achievements and challenges of EAGLES project
- Provide administrative support to the M&E unit with specific projects including the M&E approach, Value for Money, Evaluations.
- Support the M&E unit with updating the internal intranet site.
- Provide other support as and when required by the team.
To find out more about this role and how to apply visit the ActionAid website here.
The deadline for applications is 14th May 2016.