The Gender and Adolescence: Global Evidence (GAGE) consortium is seeking to appoint a Country Coordinator and Research Uptake Manager in Ethiopia, Rwanda and Nepal.
GAGE is a nine-year (2015-2024) mixed methods longitudinal research and evaluation programme exploring ‘what works’ to transform the lives of poor adolescent girls to enable them to move out of poverty.
GAGE is funded by UK Aid from the UK government (Department for International Development) and managed by the Overseas Development Institute (ODI).
The Country Coordinator will play a vital role in:
- Coordinating the research partners from GAGE across the different work-streams and ensuring it follows a robust mixed methods approach. This will include liaising closely with the national research partners and with the implementers of the adolescent programming at the heart of the impact evaluation work-stream.
- Supporting substantive uptake and application of the research from GAGE by key national and regional policy makers, practitioners and research stakeholders.
- Building national and regional key partnerships for GAGE.
- Proven track record of meaningful research uptake in relevant areas (which has led to changes in policy and practice);
- Established national and ideally also regional networks (e.g. with government, NGOs, United Nations agencies, private sector and media); established existing relationships with key stakeholders;
- Coordination and management experience (ideally of large and longer-term research projects or at research institutions);
- Experience collaborating with local and international NGOs who work on adolescence and gender;
- Experience publicly representing projects and institutions;
- Experience of delivery and/or management of rigorous, mixed-methods research in areas related to adolescence and gender/empowerment / social norms change;
- Significant experience related to programming for girls/women;
- Experience of working within major donor (research) programmes.
For full details and the skills desired for each specific role please view the relevant job descriptions on Relief Web:
- Rwanda: http://reliefweb.int/node/1985989/
- Ethiopia: http://reliefweb.int/node/1986004/
- Nepal: http://reliefweb.int/node/1986009/
All applicants should send a resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for application submission is April 27th.