- Permanent fulltime (37.5 hours per week)
- Salary: £39,438/yr – £43,498/yr
- Deadline: Sunday 12th May 2019
We are recruiting for a Communications Manager to work with the CEO and Directors to develop a strategic communications plan to support the delivery of all organisational objectives and to lead in embedding the plan throughout the organisation to create an integrated approach to communications and marketing.
To work with the CEO and Directors to develop a strategic communications plan to support the delivery of all organisational objectives and to lead in embedding the plan throughout the organisation to create an integrated approach to communications and marketing. Key organisational objectives include:
- promotion of GSC’s vision, mission and charitable objectives;
- maximising engagement numbers (and income) from all audiences including public, education and corporates;
- raising the profile of GSC with existing partners and stakeholders and developing new partners and stakeholders;
- developing and maintaining GSC’s website and digital presence; and
- the management of internal communications including promotional signage, videos and wayfinding.
- To assist the CEO and Directors with the development of a strategic communication plan.
- To take lead responsibility for delivery of the strategic communications plan throughout the organisation.
- To effectively line manage members of the team including responsibility for recruitment, induction, mentoring, performance development reviews, disciplinary and grievance and create a positive working environment through good communication and regular team briefings.
- To assist the Creative Director in leading, managing and developing the Communications and Graphics team through personal example, motivation and delegation.
- Proactively market GSC using appropriate forms of communication media.
- Champion and grow the GSC brand philosophy and identity and raise the GSC profile with innovative campaigns and marketing collateral, constructing relevant and exciting messages to a diverse range of audiences that are simple, clear and consistent.
- Manage the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e- newsletters and videos; liaising with designers and printers and arranging their effective distribution.
- Exploit advertising opportunities local, regional and national using relevant media platforms depending on the organisation and the campaign.
- To evaluate marketing campaigns.
- Visit all parts of GSC frequently to ensure awareness of new developments in all areas but particularly the exhibition/programmes/corporate events/café/shop and car parking areas and to liaise with the relevant Management Team & Team leaders to establish new marketing initiatives for these developments.
- To assist in responses to media enquiries and act as one of the spokespeople for GSC.
- To assist in the development and initiation of news stories and features about all aspects of GSC.
To apply please forward an application form to email@example.com by Sunday 12th May 2019.
Contribute to R2A. We welcome blogposts, news about jobs, events or funding, and recommendations for great resources about development communications and research uptake. Have a look at our Author Guidelines, or drop us an email.