Deadline: 29 August, 2019
Fixed-term part-time contract, 2 days a week for four months October 2019 – January 2020
About Bond and the role
Bond is the UK network for organisations working in international development. We unite and support a diverse network of over 400 civil society organisations to help eradicate global poverty, inequality and injustice. We strengthen and champion the sector to make international development more efficient and effective. We work to influence governments and policy-makers, develop the skills of people in the sector, share expertise, and build organisational capacity and partnerships.
Main purpose of the job
This is a fixed-term part-time contract for 4 months covering for our current Digital Project Adviser from October 2019 – January 2020. The contract includes onboarding from and handover back to our current Digital Projects Adviser. The role is 2 days a week (14 hours which can be spread over a week depending on sprint requirements).
The job holder will ensure Bond’s digital platforms and systems are run effectively to engage users and deliver Bond’s key services. The person will provide support and guidance to their colleagues on all aspects of digital work. They will be responsible for ensuring the website is fit-for-purpose and will be expected to effectively and efficiently manage relevant suppliers. This role combines ensuring that the digital underpinning of our day -to-day activities runs smoothly – troubleshooting and functionality.
Development and advising
- Project manage new and ongoing digital development projects, including website design members’ area, interactive tools and e-commerce services (jobs and training)
- Provide support and advice for further improvements to the online members’ communities section of the website to ensure a seamless user experience
- Act as the organisation’s point of call for advice and support with digital issues, including across the website, members’ area and CRM
- Manage digital supplier relationships, ensuring projects are delivered within budget
Regular support and maintenance
- Effectively manage suppliers to ensure that Bond’s website and systems are working effectively and are seamlessly integrated, including the website, CRM and email service provider
- Providing support to Bond members encountering issues with using the online member’s area and other digital services
- Troubleshooting and providing regular technical support to staff, including managing website queries and bugs from staff relating to the website and CRM
- Managing monthly digital support and maintenance, including prioritising tasks and handling suppliers
- Strong digital project management skills and experience, including understanding risk, quality and optimisation in a digital project
- Experience effectively managing digital suppliers, including holding suppliers to account and meeting deadlines
- Ability to identify and articulate digital issues and developments to suppliers and staff
- Experience developing user experience and testing guidelines to ensure optimal design standards and functionality
- Experience of working with staff, including those unfamiliar with digital, and managing expectations
- Understanding of digital integrations, such as with email marketing and CRM
- Ability to respond to unexpected issues while completing regular tasks
- Experience with Drupal
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with CRMs, especially Salesforce
- Experience of Google Analytics
Bond offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 27 days leave as standard for all employees. Additional staff privilege days, normally the period between Christmas and New Year
- 7% pension contributions (staff pay 3.5%)
- Flexible working hours
Don’t miss the latest from R2A!
Contribute to R2A: We welcome blogposts, news about jobs, events or funding, and recommendations for great resources about development communications and research uptake.