Senior Publications Officer
Deadline: 1 March, 2020
Location: London, UK
Term: 35 hours per week, permanent contract
Salary: £30,155 per annum
Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Senior Publications Officer to join our team in London, UK.
Sitting within the External Relations (ER) team, the Senior Publications Officer is responsible for supporting and managing high quality publication activities to increase Malaria Consortium’s profile and communicate its evidence, learning and programmatic achievements. This is a critical editorial and publishing role in the organisation, requiring outstanding grammar and writing skills, excellent organisation, strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to communicate technical content to a variety of audiences via both print and digital channels. (Much more detail in the full job description.)
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree in journalism, publishing or similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Substantial experience in a similar role, with a track record of managing publications from concept to dissemination
- Demonstrable experience and confidence communicating technical content (i.e. quantitative and qualitative research findings) to a range of audiences (including non-technical stakeholders), distilling it into simple and accessible language and messages
- Prior experience and strong interest in editorial processes, in-house publications production, and multichannel publications dissemination
- Good understanding of communications, social media and marketing principles for engaging external audiences
- Knowledge of global health issues, especially malaria and other communicable disease control, prevention and treatment mechanisms.
To view the full job description please click here.
We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding. Please find our Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Privacy Notice here.