Senior Campaigner or Campaign Manager, Changing Markets Foundation
Deadline: Close of business, Monday, 21 June, 2021
Location: London, UK
Salary: £42,000 – £50,000
We want to open this application to applicants with a range of experience and the final salary and the level of entry position will be offered based on experience. We also offer benefits, such as pension, complimentary health insurance and sports allowance.
Changing Markets is looking for an experienced Campaigner or Campaign Manager to join our dynamic team in running and winning market transformation campaigns. The position is full-time and the successful candidate should be based in our London office at 1 Mark Square. She or he will work on a range of different international campaigns, starting with a campaign on climate change. We offer flexible and dynamic working environment.
Changing Market Foundation was formed to accelerate and scale-up solutions to sustainability challenges by leveraging the power of markets. We create and support campaigns that expose irresponsible corporate practices and shift market share from unsustainable products and companies towards environmentally and socially beneficial solutions. We work on a range of different topics at the intersection of environmental and social issues and have a strong track record of winning campaigns. Our past campaigns have focused on the major players in food, fashion, plastic, and aquafeed sectors – to name just a few.
We are looking for a senior campaigner with at least 5 years’ experience in running campaigns and a strong track record of success. This role has a strong focus on research and a successful candidate should be excellent at conducting investigation, managing external researchers and writing campaign reports. The person should have strong inter-personal skills and be a team player – with a good network of NGO contacts and an ability to form collaborative working relationships with a variety of different stakeholders. Successful candidate should also have the ability to deliver to tight deadlines and occasionally manage heavy workloads.
A successful candidate must have:
- demonstrable experience in running and winning international campaigns;
- demonstrated analytical skills;
- the ability to lead, implement and coordinate research (either in-house or by external consultants) to create the base of knowledge needed to win campaigns;
- a good eye for detail, but also strong ability to extrapolate and critically evaluate key information and translate them into simple campaign materials;
- excellent writing skills in English, which will be needed to write reports and investigations;
- networking skills and a proven ability to create and run diverse coalitions;
- good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment with occasional heavy workloads;
- the ability to think out-of-the-box and to adapt campaign plans to changing circumstances;
- a willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice;
- an interest in environment issues with a view to creating lasting social change.
It’s a plus if the candidate:
- has good knowledge of debates surrounding environmental and climate change issues;
- fluency in another European language (German or French is a plus);
- has experience in handling media relations; and
- has a good knowledge of how to use social media creatively to win campaigns.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter demonstrating the experience and skills listed in the job add to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday, 21 June 2021. Because of the large number of applications we receive, we will only contact selected candidates to arrange an interview.
Salary and benefits
£42,000-50,000/year depending on experience. We want to open this application to applicants with a range of experience and the final salary and the level of entry position will be offered based on experience. We also offer benefits, such as pension, complimentary health insurance and sports allowance.