Communications & Marketing Manager, Primary Care International
Salary: £33,000.00-£36,000.00 (depending on skills and experience)
Contract Type: 22.5 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Closing date: Monday, 26 September 2022 at 9.00am
Other: The provisional date for interviews is 5th/6th October via zoom
About Primary Care International (PCI)
PCI was launched as a social enterprise in 2014. Our vision is a world where everyone has access to the quality healthcare needed to live fulfilling lives. We work to strengthen primary healthcare globally with a focus on quality, resilience and equity. We do this by partnering with others to co-create, learn, innovate, catalyse change and advocate.
This is an exciting time to be joining PCI: with a refreshed Vision, Mission and Sustainable Impact Principles we are seeking to really grow the PCI Academy – our online home for learning – with a focus on bringing the voices of healthcare workers participating in PCI’s programmes into the centre of our thinking. We’re also strengthening our M&E capabilities and systems to better demonstrate our impact both in numbers and stories.
You will be reporting to the CEO and will be working alongside a friendly and supportive operational team and a network of Clinical Associates. You will also be able to call on the support of a strong Board of Directors and a diverse Global Advisory Council for content and for amplifying our communications.
The focus areas for this role are to:
Lead, shape and implement PCI’s communications activity (45%)
- Developing, managing and reporting on communications related KPIs in PCI’s overall Business Plan objectives
- Identifying/copywriting/coordinating/editing communications materials for different audiences, to include case studies, external MailChimp newsletters, blogs and website copy
- Leading, curating and coordinating PCI thought-leadership (e.g. PCI’s new ‘Primary Care Practice’ learning series, and journal articles)
- Proactively seek opportunities to publish PCI blogs / reports and identify strategic partnerships that will get PCI’s message heard in the right places
- Identifying strategic networking opportunities and representing/coordinating PCI representation at these events / networks / forum to raise our profile, influence policy and programming of major organisations and create partnership opportunities
- Coordinating compilation of PCI’s Annual Report
- Identifying opportunities to gather new photos showing PCI projects, and storing and promoting photos appropriately
- Managing PCI WordPress website (with external support from a web developer as needed), ensuring content is up-to-date and relevant
- Content generation, day-to-day management and monitoring of social media accounts (mainly LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Supporting proposal and bid writing (including engaging with the Board’s ‘Development Committee’)
- Supporting programmes team with M&E work, ensuring strong linkages between impact data and communications
Market and support the PCI Academy (35%)
- Developing and managing the PCI Academy marketing and sales plan, including identification of new channels through which to reach potential clients and learners
- Working with previous and current Academy learners (healthcare workers based around the world) to identify, document and share the impact the Academy has had on their work
- Developing and coordinating the Academy alumni network
- Copywriting promotional materials e.g. blogs, flyers
Manage internal communications strategy (15%)
- Working with other team members, develop mechanisms to ensure virtual teams, including large freelance Clinical Associate network, feel supported and part of team including monthly internal newsletter
- Coordinating face-to-face/virtual team meetings including co-working days and annual PCI conference
- Manage PCI brand (including brand and language guidelines), working with team members to ensure they are understood and adhered to
Contribute to overall team strategy, planning and work (5%)
- Participating actively in team meetings and strategy days
- Feeding experience and ideas into overall strategic and operational plans
- Covering for and supporting other team members as necessary
You will combine experience of working strategically and collaboratively with hands on know-how to communicate PCI’s impact and build our profile, brand and income.
Skills and Experience
- A proven track record in communications and marketing ideally in a social enterprise/non-profit organisation
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and ability to adapt writing style to different audiences and channels
- Ability to creatively engage with raw material and create compelling documents
- Excellent communicator with good relationship building and networking skills (especially via virtual methods and with diverse people around the world)
- Ability to identify new opportunities to share PCI’s work with relevant audiences
- Confidence and ability to optimise use of social media to build profile
- Experience of working in global health/development and/or in resource-poor settings and understanding of communications issues related to this area of work
- Ability to manage external consultants to support development of communication materials
- Experience or interest in creating multimedia material
We are also looking for the following:
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Proactive and able to take own initiative to lead on comms and marketing activities and to support team working
- An efficient, organised, accurate record-keeper
What We Offer
- Home-based working
- Flexibility and autonomy around hours worked
- 25 days annual leave plus TOIL
- 5% pension contributions
- Membership of an employee perks scheme (Rewards Gateway)
How to Apply
For more details please refer to the Job description
Please send a CV, application form and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this post and how your skills and experience make you suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 26th September.
Please also send a short sample of your writing for external audiences.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview via Zoom. The provisional date for interviews is 5th/6th October.
Please note that this is a UK based role and applicants must not only have the right to live and work in the UK, but also be currently resident here. We cannot accept applications from anyone who does not meet this requirement.
Equality and diversity are at the core of PCI values. Staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected. It has always been recognised that diversity of expertise brings new perspectives and shines a light on collective blind spots. Indeed, we believe that diversity and lived experience in all its forms (racial, ethnic, cognitive, gender, ability, sexuality, religious) is essential to high-performing teams and actively encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented across the sector.