ABSW (Association of British Science Writers) travel grants to attend the World Conference of Science Journalists 2023
Deadline: 31 December, 2022
Location: Medellín, Colombia
Grant amount: 5 grants of up to £1000
Other: Must be a member of ABSW (Association of British Science Writers)
The 12th World Conference of Science Journalists is going to take place in Medellín, Colombia during 27 – 31 March 2023.
The conference includes seminars, workshops, lectures, and opportunities for networking with approximately 10,000 science writers from around the world, and is the first time it will take place in Latin America.
The ABSW is offering 5 grants for travel, accommodation and subsistence whilst travelling, of up to £1000 each to members who would like to attend and benefit from attending the conference.
To apply, we would like you to tell us why you deserve to go to WCSJ, which should include details about your experience and plans to use what you discover in Colombia. We will prioritise applications from underrepresented groups, so please tell us specifically if:
- You are from a black and/or other minority group within the UK
- You have a disability as defined in the UK Equality Act of 2010
- You are a carer
- Your home is in a region included in the ‘most deprived 20%’ of your government’s index of multiple deprivation (IMD) database
The conditions for receiving the grant of up to £1000 from the ABSW are:
- You must write an article on return from WCSJ, by 28 April 2023, which we will publish on this website.
- We would need to see a copy of your conference ticket when you apply for the grant.
- The grant can be used to pay for travel, accommodation and subsistence during travel.
- The grant will be awarded in 2 payments: 1) Reimbursement of your travel (flight, train etc.) costs will be paid within 7 days of receiving your receipts. 2) The balance will be paid after the event, and once you’ve provided your article.
To find out more information about this opportunity, please click visit the ABSW website.