Study In Germany: 2023 Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Scholarship Programme for Developing Countries,
Host Country: Germany
Eligible Countries: All developing countries
Reward: Full scholarship, €1,200 per month
Deadline: Rolling, see details on website
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All developing countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | €1,200 per month | Family Allowance | Health Care Allowance
- Deadline: Rolling, see website
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is the oldest political foundation in Germany with a rich tradition in social democracy dating back to its foundation in 1925.
The foundation owes its formation and its mission to the political legacy of its namesake Friedrich Ebert, the first democratically elected president of Germany.
To address social disadvantages by supporting students who actively work for freedom, justice, and social cohesion in their commitment to social democracy, or will do so in future, continues to be one of the aims of the FES.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must meet the following:
- Required Languages: English / German
- Eligible Countries: Gifted students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe
- The candidates’ aptitudes and personalities show excellent promise for an academic or professional career.
- Please note that the FES can only award scholarships to applicants from abroad who have already enrolled in a German university or have a supervisor for their doctoral studies.Students are expected to be living in Germany before they apply and have to provide proof of an adequate command of the German language by submitting a language proficiency certificate
- “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang” passed with at least DSH-2
- the “Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache” passed with at least level 4,”
- “Telc C1 Hochschule”,
- the “Deutsche Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz Stufe II” or
- the “Zertifikat C 1” of the Goethe-Institut.
- Candidates are expected to show commitment to the values of social democracy.
- Above-average performance in school and studies
- Personality – we are looking for applicants with the following:
- Political thinking
- Thirst for knowledge
- Tolerance and openness
- Team orientation
- Critical ability
- Self reflection
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Foreign scholarship holders receive:
- €934 per month (basic scholarship programme) / €1.200 per month (graduate scholarship programme)
- €276 of family allowance, if applicable
- Refund of healthcare costs
- Any income exceeding €400 per month will be credited against the scholarship.
FES expects scholarship holders:
- To participate in extra-curricular seminars and activities of FES campus groups on a regular basis
- To achieve above-average results in their degree courses
- To continue and intensify their socio-political commitment
The FES supports:
- All academic subjects
- Students from public or state-approved universities and from universities of applied sciences/polytechnical colleges (FH)
- Postgraduate programmes(PhD)
The FES does not support
- Second degree courses
- Study visits outside Germany
- Final phases of academic studies
- Postgraduate courses in medicine
Method of Application
To apply for the scholarship program, kindly follow the following procedure
- Self-application: Please use the link below
- Individual interviews: In a second step, selected candidates will be invited to two individual interviews. The first interview will be conducted by one of the lecturers from the FES, and the second interview by one of the members of the FES scholarship committee (AWA). Two reports are written on the basis of these interviews and presented to the AWA.
- Discussion and final decision by the AWA: The AWA will eventually make a final decision about your application. The AWA is an independent body composed of university lecturers as well as other persons from the fields of science, politics, art and media. The committee meets at least three times a year. The AWA will discuss every application at great length and then make the final decision.
- Written notification: You will be notified of the AWA’s decision.
To find out more information or to apply for this scholarship, please visit the Scholarship Region website.