Role: Community and Fundraising Associate
Deadline: Rolling Deadline
Organisation: Internet Freedom Foundation (IFF)
Location: New Delhi
Salary:Rs. 40,000 – 45,00
Community and Fundraising Associate
The Internet Freedom Foundation (IFF) is a young, impact-focused Indian non-profit organisation, born out of the SaveTheInternet.in movement for net neutrality. Our work aims to protect and advance constitutional freedoms for every Indian in a digital society.
We are looking for a Community and Fundraising Associate to join our Operations Team! As a Community and Fundraising Associate, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in shaping IFF’s public advocacy and outreach efforts.
Communications and Community Building
- Work closely with IFF’s Civic Literacy team to build strong communication outputs for IFF’s social media channels and email campaigns.
- Ideate, plan, and execute events for IFF’s donors and community of supporters.
- Collaborate with artists and designers to create merchandise for IFF’s community.
- Help grow and manage IFF’s volunteer base through outreach as needed and periodic assessment of needs for volunteer expertise and level of volunteer staffing.
- Drive day-to-day community engagement through regular activities on IFF’s social media channels.
- Ideate, script and shoot short-form videos for IFF’s social media channels.
- Design and execute creative fundraising campaigns to build awareness of IFF’s work and encourage potential donors to contribute.
- Process donations and manage donor communication, including email campaigns and direct mail.
- Assist in the development and preparation of fundraising proposals, slide decks, and grant proposals.
- Identify and research new funding opportunities.
- Prepare and submit grant reports and updates for donors at regular intervals.
- Assist IFF’s Accounts Associate in maintaining accurate databases of information for regulatory filings and compliance.
- Perform administrative duties, including drafting correspondence, reports and other documents, and providing human resource management support to IFF’s senior leadership.
- Providing secretarial assistance to IFF’s Board of Trustees including maintaining meeting minutes, scheduling meetings, drafting correspondence, and preparing briefing materials.
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, fundraising, content production or social media management. Applicants with fundraising experience will be looked upon favourably.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English are essential. Knowledge of one or more regional languages is a plus.
- Technical skills for video production, including working capabilities with audio and video software and hardware systems and equipment.
- Having your finger on the pulse: making complex ideas accessible often involves being able to connect them with and explain them through the lens of pop culture. Internet culture aficionados are encouraged to apply.
- An interest in learning about digital rights issues such as privacy, surveillance, and free expression. IFF wants to inspire action through its advocacy, and we are looking for someone who is as passionate about digital rights issues as we are!
- The ability to take creative initiative and bring new ideas to the table, being able to manage your own time, take initiative, and work independently.
- Submitting your CV and cover letter
- Creative assignment
- Final offer
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, so apply, apply, apply!
This position is full-time and in-person at IFF’s office in New Delhi. The salary band for this position will be Rs. 40,000 – 45,000 per month based on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
What is it like to work at IFF?
We are a small team of 8-9 full-time staffers who work out of our office in New Delhi. All our staff have diverse academic and professional backgrounds. At present, the Operations vertical is a team of two. Our work is highly collaborative and staff work closely with each other across verticals to achieve the best possible output. We work 5-and-half days a week.
We are committed to and actively practise employment equity. IFF promotes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants– women, members of caste-based, religious, and sexual minorities, and people from all regions.
We have a flexible and accommodating leave policy which also accounts separately for menstruating persons. Equality and diversity is at the core of our values and staff are expected to work collectively and individually to promote a constructive and sensitive approach to others from a variety of backgrounds, where the work of others is valued and respected.
For more information or to apply for this role, please visit the Internet Freedom Foundation website.