Location: London, UK
Salary: £37,000 – £41,000, depending on experience
Changing Market Foundation was formed to accelerate and scale-up solutions to sustainability challenges by leveraging the power of markets. We create and support campaigns that shift market share from unsustainable products and companies towards environmentally and socially beneficial solutions. We work on a range of different topics at the intersection of environment and development issues.
We are looking for a campaigner with at least 5 years’ experience in running and winning campaigns, strong strategic thinking skills, a good network of NGO contacts and an ability to form strong working relationships with a variety of different stakeholders. The person should have a friendly personality with strong inter-personal skills and be a team player. We are also looking for a creative thinker, who has the ability to deliver to tight deadlines and occasionally manage heavy workloads.
A successful candidate must have:
- demonstrable experience in running and winning campaigns;
- demonstrated analytical and strategic skills with the ability to develop campaigns from scratch with the support of the Changing Markets team;
- the ability to commission and coordinate research by external consultants to create the base of knowledge needed to win campaigns;
- excellent writing skills in English, good communication and presentation skills;
- networking skills and the ability to create and run coalitions;
- good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment with occasional heavy workloads;
- attention to detail;
- the ability to think out-of-the-box and to adapt campaign plans to changing circumstances;
- a passionate interest in environment and international development issues with a view to creating lasting social change;
- willingness to travel for work.
It’s a plus if the candidate:
- is fluent in another language (German or French is a plus);
- has good knowledge of issues and debates surrounding environment, circular economy and development;
- has experience in handling media relations and good knowledge of social media.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and cover letter demonstrating the experience and skills listed in the job ad to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Monday, 9 March 2020. Because of the large number of applications we receive, we will only contact selected candidates to arrange an interview.