Press Communications Coordinator, LSE
Salary: £31,960 to £36,705 pa
Contract Type: Fixed term position for 3 years
Closing date: Sunday, 25 September 2022
Other: proof of eligibility to work in the national location is required for the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a communications professional to join an open access university press as it expands and raises its profile. The role will suit someone with experience in generating publicity within the publishing sector and creating high-impact digital communications strategies across multiple platforms.
The main duties and responsibilities of the post include:
- Develop a long-term communications plan for LSE Press and for individual LSE Press outputs (books, journal articles/issues, calls for proposals), identifying channels and opportunities to build awareness and visibility both within LSE and externally.
- Make effective use of a wide variety of techniques and channels, such as social media, the Press website, newsletters, mailing lists, events, book reviews, targeted advertising, launch events, etc as appropriate.
- Write and/or edit accessible and engaging communications material for LSE Press, including press releases, blogposts, blurbs, social media posts, author interviews etc, in a way that makes complex academic ideas accessible for non-specialist audiences.
- Have experience in developing communications strategies in an educational/publishing service
- Bring experience in managing social media accounts
- Provide evidence of excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels
- Have experience of copyediting and writing content for a web and media audience
- Experience of working in a communications role in the publishing industry is desirable
We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
For further information about the post, please see the how to apply document, job description and the person specification.
To apply for this post, please go to www.jobs.lse.ac.uk. If you have any technical queries with applying on the online system, please use the “contact us” links at the bottom of the LSE Jobs page. Should you have any queries about the role, please email Lucy Lambe email@example.com
The closing date for receipt of applications is 25 September 2022 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.
For more information or to apply for this role, please click here.