Job Title: Senior Communications Consultant
Contract Type: Part time or full time
Salary: Remuneration according to experience.
Deadline: Friday 28th July 2023
The Future Earth Global Hub in Sweden is looking for a skilled science communicator to contribute to our wide range of transformative sustainability research projects. The position is remote and will collaborate closely with the Future Earth team based in Stockholm and abroad.
Future Earth is a global research network with a mission to advance research in support of transformations to global sustainability. Our research programmes address Earth system science, governance and more, convening scholars across natural, social, and human sciences from all parts of the world.
We are looking for a creative, structured and productive person to contribute to international communications projects led out of the Stockholm office. The appointed consultant will work closely with Future Earth colleagues and external partners in international science, policy and communications communities.
Skills and experience:
- At least eight years’ experience with international science or NGO communications, preferably with a focus on the science-policy interface
- Excellent track record of communications project management, measuring results, balancing multiple stakeholder relationships and delivering on goals.
- Proven experience of successful international press and media engagement
- Excellent writing skills in English and the ability to convert academic jargon into engaging written and visual storytelling for relevant audiences.
- Experience with supporting the design and promotion of virtual and in person events
- Competence in using digital publication platforms for websites and social media
- Confident, organized self-starter with sound judgment and excellent interpersonal skills
- Solutions oriented and flexible person with a positive “can-do” attitude to work and with a focus on delivery
- Collaborative approach to working with colleagues and suppliers at different levels
- Willingness to work collaboratively across different time zones in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of UN or other intergovernmental science policy processes is desirable.
- A passion for working in an international science environment exploring the biosphere, complex systems, and social justice is desirable
- Leading science-policy communications workstreams in Future Earth projects led by the Swedish Global Hub, such as the 10 New Insights in Climate Science, collaborating with the science project team, communications colleagues and agencies.
- Press engagement: Work with Future Earth colleagues and allied organizations to execute global and Swedish media campaigns and press engagement opportunities.
- Event support: Collaborate with Future Earth colleagues and allied organizations to deliver strategic engagement opportunities at COP28 and other major international fora.
Digital media content: Develop audio-visual content for social media and website channels in conjunction with Future Earth colleagues, agencies, and communications partners, using in house tools and external suppliers where appropriate.
The position could be part time or full time, depending on the skillset of the successful consultant. Starting date as soon as possible, running to the end of 2023. Remuneration according to experience.
Please send a covering letter and 2 page CV to at firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 July 2023.
To find out more about this opportunity, please visit the Future Earth website.