Grant Type: Flexible funding to emerging youth climate justice collectives
Amount: Up to USD 10,000
Term: Used for a period of 12 months.
Information: Led by young people aged 35 and under
Other: Your group, network or collective is based in Africa; Asia and the Pacific; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Central, and Eastern Europe.
The Youth Climate Justice Fund supports with core flexible funding to emerging youth climate justice collectives. Groups can apply for a grant of up to USD 10,000, which can be used for a period of 12 months.
What are the criteria for applying?
You should consider applying if your group, network or collective is:
- led by young people aged 35 and under. In order to be eligible for a YCJF grant, most of your organisation’s membership needs to be young people under 35 and the leadership or the individuals with decision-making power need to be young people aged 35 and under;
- based in Africa; Middle East; Asia and the Pacific; Latin America and the Caribbean; and Central, and Eastern Europe;
based in North America or Western Europe but is led by young people who are discriminated against and/or marginalised based on class, ethnicity, background, etc;
- non-partisan, non-violent, and legal;
- believe in and exhibit inclusive organising, collective action and intersectional movement building.
We specifically look for groups who are:
- Cultivating diverse leadership rooted in fair and equitable climate action with community power.
- Raising ambitions and commitments on climate & t socio-environmental justice.
- Holding policymakers accountable to their promises and strengthening community power.
For more information or to apply for this grant, please visit the Youth Climate Justice Fund website.