Role: Digital Content Officer
Deadline: Wednesday 15th November 2023
Organisation: Care International UK
Location: Vauxhall, London
Job Purpose and Summary
The Digital Content Officer sits within CARE International UK’s Communications and Brand Team.
The primary purpose of this role is to grow engagement with digital audiences through the creation and dissemination of first-rate online content and optimisation of our websites and social media channels.
This role is crucial in ensuring that people in the UK hear about the global realities of poverty, emergencies, gender inequality and climate change, as well as about the ways that CARE, and our community of supporters and partners, are working to address these.
You will help to drive CARE International UK’s online presence, engagement, and impact, while staying at the forefront of digital trends and technologies. The role is ideally suited to someone full of enthusiasm and creative ideas, who is skilled in content creation, copy writing, relationship building, analytics and innovation.
You will be empowered to become a digital leader and an expert in the digital technologies and products we use – growing your understanding of how technical metrics and content combine to affect performance. You will work to embed this understanding across the organisation.
You will work closely with Communications, Fundraising and Advocacy colleagues on a range of campaigns, providing insight about our audiences and the content that resonates for them across digital channels.
You will be the first point of contact for colleagues outside the Communications team for day-to-day social media scheduling, leading a weekly session to gather and prioritise requirements and deliver a plan to ensure the latest news and information is shared in a timely fashion with our key audiences.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Contribute to the development of CARE International UK’s digital implementation plan, working closely with the Digital Manager and taking a lead role on our social media strategy.
- Coordinate CARE International UK’s social channels including Instagram, Facebook, X (Twitter), LinkedIn, Threads, YouTube and TikTok – producing, scheduling and publishing content using Sprout Social.
- Work closely with teams across CARE International UK to ensure that our fundraising, advocacy and programmes objectives and activities are reflected on our social channels and on our website.
- Proactively identify opportunities to share our work as well as advising on best practice.
- Write copy and produce engaging assets for use across our social channels and website, including compelling video content, using design tools such as Canva and the Adobe suite.
- Grow our existing social channels, testing out new ideas and identifying optimal posting times to increase engagement and amplify our brand.
- Implement a limited social media spend budget on specific campaigns that support our overall organisational strategy.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends on social platforms around poverty, emergencies, gender inequality and climate change. Be proactive in using these trends to highlight our work.
- Produce regular reports showing key highlights and learning for our social channels – and use insights from reporting to inform your decisions, develop new content ideas and grow our channels.
- Use social media to build upon existing relationships with our stakeholders and reach out to new audiences.
- Monitor interactions across CARE International UK’s social media channels, developing guidelines for our Supporter Care team on community management and working with them to ensure our supporters receive a positive experience.
- Day to day uploading of content to the CARE International UK website and CARE Insights.
- Working closely with the Digital Manager, use the SEMrush tool to develop SEO content for the CARE International UK website and improve the technical performance of the site.
- Ensure CARE’s digital communications demonstrate our commitment to tackling discrimination and structural inequality.
To find out more about this opportunity or to apply for this role, please visit the Care International UK website.