BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity, which uses media and communications to help reduce poverty and support people to understand and claim their rights.
About the job:
- Design, and support others to design, research plans and qualitative and quantitative research instruments
- Undertake, and support others to undertake quantitative and qualitative data analysis, ensuring that the interpretation supports development of media products
- With direction from Research Managers, write research reports, presentations and other dissemination products in a range of formats to fulfil the requirements of media creative and production teams, donors and the communication for development/media development communities..
- Understand the needs of the organisation to ensure that all research is tailored and relevant, to deliver simple and valuable insight. Play a role in disseminating research by providing useful thinking, interpretation and recommendations, at both practical and strategic levels to a diverse range of internal audiences.
- Support commissioning of agencies for qualitative and quantitative research including negotiations on technical issues such as sampling and recruitment, analysis, field supervision, instrument development and administration and data analysis.
- Work with Research Managers to liaise with country research teams and field agencies to oversee the implementation of research, including monitoring quality, budget and timely delivery of research outputs.
- Support and mentor local researchers to develop their research and management skills.
- Engage proactively and collaboratively with non-research staff in country offices and in London to support the development and use of research in the production of BBC Media Action’s creative outputs.
- Support development of new business by writing research contributions to project and programme proposals, working with country teams and UK colleagues.
To see the full description and apply for this position, CLICK HERE.
Closing Date: 5 August. 2o15