The Botanic Gardens & Centennial Parklands (BGCP) is looking for an experienced communicator to take their science, research and conservation message out to the world. The position is full-time and based in Sydney.
About the job:
- Develop, manage and implement scientific communication, and marketing strategies to support
effective communication and brokerage of BGCP science to the wider community (which includes both
scientific, academic and lay audiences).
- Prepare and deliver communications of appropriate standard and scientific rigour about BGCP’s complex processes and research achievements to various technical and non-technical audiences
including educators, scientists, and the general community.
- Lead the development, enhancement and sharing of information to BGCP staff to increase the
organisation’s scientific knowledge.
- Provide expert advice and executive support to the Manager, Communication & Public Affairs and BGCP Executive on the development, implementation, management and reporting of scientific
publications and communication products.
- Develop, implement, and analyse the effectiveness of social media and multimedia platforms in relation to building awareness and support of scientific projects at BGCP.
- Develop and maintain a range of collaborative networks across BGCP, universities, other government agencies, external research institutions and non-government organisations to support the delivery of scientific communications and to keep up to date with the latest in the communication of science.
- Liaise with scientists and scientific managers within Science & Conservation branch (as well as relevant scientific external stakeholders) to identify scientific issues of current public interest within BGCP’s research.
- Translating complex science into communication suitable for technical and non-technical audiences cognisant of the broader contextual environment to which the science relates and maintains integrity of the science being communicated
- Maintain an effective network of contacts and working relationships with key individuals at appropriate levels in relevant external agencies and organisation’s, including scientists, science and general communicators, the science media and stakeholder groups.
Apply by: 21 October, 2015
To see the full description and how to apply for this position, CLICK HERE.