- Poor journal access limits research in developing countries.
- Researchers need to communicate with policy makers.
- Open access is good for developing countries.
- Politics gets in the way of evidence informed policy.”
Guest presentation were given under the following themes:
- Technical solutions to inform access: build it and they will come
- Delivering scholarly literature: The world at your fingertips.
- Doing the right thing trust me, I’m a policy maker.
The presentations are now available from the symposium website. Worth checking out for viewpoints on open access, sharing of research knowledge and putting research into use.
*INASP (International network for the availability of scientific publications) work alongside worldwide partners to support global research communication that focuses on the needs of developing and emerging countries. They work with 23 partner countries and of 80 network countries around the world Advising and advocating for improved policy and practice and achieving equitable development.