Senior Engagement Advisor
Deadline: 26 August, 2019
Location: Bristol, UK
35 hours per week, full-time permanent
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum DOE
Development Initiatives (DI) fights the causes of poverty on an international scale. Our mission is to ensure that decisions about the allocation of finance and resources result in an end to poverty, increase the resilience of the world’s most vulnerable people, and leave no one behind.
We believe that changes are needed, both within and beyond humanitarian financing – and we’re committed to providing a clear evidence base to make this happen.
We are now seeking a Senior Engagement Advisor to join our Engagement & Partnerships Team in Bristol on a full time basis.
– Salary of up to £40,000 per annum DOE
– Pension (5% of salary)
– 25 days’ holiday per annum + option to buy/sell holiday
– Up to five days paid leave for charitable work volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people
– Smart casual dress code policy
– Flexitime and homeworking options
– Cycle to work scheme
– Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
– Paid professional fees and study leave
– Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
If you’re a professional with strong engagement and networking experience, this is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the success of a ground-breaking organisation.
You’ll play a central role in producing and promoting our policy work, supporting us to provide clear and objective evidence on crisis-related financing and programming. We engage across the world with decision-makers and responders from all levels, from global leaders to local civil society, to ensure no one is left behind.
As the Senior Engagement Advisor, you will develop and drive forward our humanitarian engagement strategy.
Leading on specific policy areas, you will broaden stakeholder engagement, deliver projects on emerging crisis financing issues and gather and share evidence to catalyse its use for change.
Reporting to the Head of Engagement, your role will also involve:
– Line and budget-management responsibilities
– Representing the organisation externally
– Developing and delivering presentations to a senior audience
– Writing briefings, reports, factsheets and blogs
To be considered as a Senior Engagement Advisor, you will need:
– At least five years’ experience in development, humanitarian or international relations policy development, engagement and research and/or analysis
– Strong engagement and networking experience partnered with a wide range of contacts
– Experience of managing relations with and/or influencing a range of stakeholder groups, including governments, multilateral organisations, regional organisations, CSOs, politicians, the media and the private sector
– Management and team leadership experience
– A degree level qualification, preferably postgraduate (or an equivalent academic qualification) in a relevant discipline
Although not essential, at least two years’ post-qualification experience working in humanitarian contexts would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of working in a matrix or project-based environment and delivering consultancy work for international clients. Previous experience of working in development contexts, or with governments, regional bodies and international institutions would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Engagement Co-ordinator, Engagement and Development Manager, Engagement and Developer Officer, Senior Engagement and Development Advisor, Senior Engagement and Development Assistant or Senior Development Assistant.
The closing date for applications is the 26th August 2019 with interviews expected to be held in September 2019.
Development Initiatives is an equal opportunities employer and in line with our policies, we aim to ensure that no job applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.