Global Digital Acquisition & Implementation Specialist, International Rescue Committee UK
Location: London, UK (or remote within the UK)
Term: Full-time 5 days per week / Part-time 4 days per week
Salary: £38,000 (pro rata for part time)
Other: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
International Rescue Committee UK (IRC-UK) is part of the IRC global network, which has its headquarters in New York and London. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through 22 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees resettle in the US and become self-sufficient.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
GLOBAL PARTNERSHIPS AND PHILANTHROPY (GPP) DIVISION AND GLOBAL DIGITAL
In 2018, GPP led in the developed the IRC’s first ever Global Digital Fundraising and Engagement Strategy, working in collaboration with Communications, IT and other key division in IRC, In 2020 we are now in a new exciting era for the IRC, which means taking the strategy forward in its second year of implementation.
IRC is now seeking a Global Digital Acquisition & Implementation Specialist
Purpose of the role
In this role you will focus on developing and running Facebook advertising and other paid media campaigns that engage and inspire new audiences for International Rescue Committee. You will support implementation of all digital fundraising activities across our 20 priority remote markets, and work with the Global Digital Fundraising & Engagement Manager to help achieve the team’s targets to increase income and return on investment from these markets. Through this work, you will play a key role in raising much needed donations and public awareness to support refugees in crisis-zones around the world.
Scope and Authority
In this role you will have authority to make spending decisions about how best to utilize IRC budget on Facebook Ad Manager and other tools to maximise return, and responsibility for suggesting, planning and delivering new and engaging ways to intro prospects to the IRC brand.
Responsibility for Resources
This role has no line management or budget approval responsibility.
Key Working Relationships
- GPP colleagues globally, particularly in New York.
- Colleagues across comms, advocacy, IT on specific projects as needed.
- Liaison with creative agencies, partners and freelancers as needed.
Paid acquisition campaigns (70%)
- Plan, implement and optimise the set-up of paid Facebook advertising campaigns across numerous international markets for movement building, lead generation, donor acquisition and development.
- Make recommendations for how to spend strategically and maximise return on paid media activities.
- Manage and implement paid acquisition campaigns across other platforms as appropriate (e.g. paid Search).
- Recommend and plan new acquisition activities and channels.
- Provide regular real-time status reports on these campaigns and suggest optimisations to improve results.
- Implement, edit and test landing pages and other online donation functionality (currently using Springboard and Shopify).
- Work with colleagues and contractors to support the creation of marketing assets that meet campaign needs, goals and specifications.
- Recommend and implement strategies to continually improve activity tracking, gift attribution and data quality.
Support to wider digital fundraising activity (20%)
- Manage data gathering and manipulation for real-time campaign optimisation and high level reporting.
- Implement email marketing campaigns and journeys as required (currently using IBM Watson / Silverpop.)
- Ensure supporters receive an excellent user experience, working collaboratively across the organisation.
- Support implementation of new fundraising products across digital and other channels (such as telemarketing).
- Support and implement new strategies for recurring donor management and retention.
Supporting change (10%)
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the IRC network to share and assist in digital best practice sharing and implementation.
- Participate in Fundraising team meetings and events
- Carry out other duties as required to maximize IRC’s global digital fundraising.
- Fight for the organization to continue to become more agile and thus supporting digital efforts
- Be a key member of the UK Digital Fundraising Team demonstrating a commitment, integrity and accountability to the “IRC Way” – IRC Global Standards for Professional Conduct.
- Demonstrable advanced experience of running complex Facebook advertising campaigns at an equivalent level, including a solid understanding of how to set up and optimise campaigns to maximise results.
- Experience of proposing plans and budgets for spending on paid media campaigns for best possible return.
- Experience working in a team towards digital fundraising or marketing goals.
- Experience using varied and complex online tools and platforms for digital marketing and data analysis.
- Experience using a CRM system (such as Salesforce or similar) to run reports or analysis on fundraising/marketing campaigns.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent IT skills including digital marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager / Power Editor, AdWords and Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent numeracy with proven ability to quickly analyse, interpret and act on complex data sets and digital fundraising results.
- Some understanding of paid search/display advertising.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of digital fundraising best practices.
- Understanding, of at least basic level, of how to design, set up and send HTML and CSS based emails and/or landing pages.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage a complex, varied workload
- Able to plan and prioritise tasks
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, to deal effectively, efficiently and appropriately with internal and external audiences
- Able to establish and build relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders at all levels and from a variety of backgrounds, both within IRC and externally
- Able to understand and demonstrate commitment to IRC’s Equal Opportunities Policy and to ensure all activities are consistent with Equal Opportunities.
- Advanced HTML and/or CSS skills.
- Experience of working with Google ads/paid Search SEM
- Experience of display advertising or other online acquisition methods.
- Experience developing online petitions and/or fundraising campaigns.
- Copy writing and/or image editing skills.
- Experience working for a humanitarian or international development organisation.
- Experience of working in a complex, global organization
- Experience of working fundraising across multiple international markets.
- Understanding of fundraising and data protection practices, codes of conduct and legislation
- Experience with multi-channel international fundraising campaigns (Direct TV, Telemarketing, Direct Mail).
The deadline for applications is midnight between Sunday 8th March / Monday 9th March
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
IRC-UK is committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination for all applicants and employees. IRC-UK seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious belief, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. IRC-UK welcomes applications from all candidates, including refugees who have the right to work in the UK.
If you have any questions or need assistance with the online recruitment process, please contact the UK HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org