Responsibilities and tasks
- Assist ICIMOD with all Knowledge Management and Communication activities in and related to China, including the adaptation of style or format to ensure that messages achieve maximum impact
- Spearhead scoping missions on the communication landscape in China to recommend the best modes to achieve impact for ICIMOD
- Work with the KMC team and ICIMOD’s China Country Focal Person to generate news, blogs, and feature materials for publication in key specialist and general-interest media, science platforms, and networks in China
- Solicit/contribute news and events specific to ICIMOD from Chinese partner institutions for the website and Chinese social media
- Lead and/or coordinate the translation work and summary of key Chinese knowledge products into English and vice versa
- Lead KMC-related events organized in China in close collaboration with other partners
- Work closely with the KMC team in developing an information page on ICIMOD’s website in Chinese
- Work closely with KMC Focal Points and programme staff to identify opportunities to create and support the development of engaging Chinese content aligned with the objectives of ICIMOD and its initiatives
- Research and harvest reliable and relevant resources – information, data, and knowledge from open-access repositories in China
- Help strengthen the media database at ICIMOD and news dissemination with a particular emphasis on Chinese media agencies
- Interact with and work in close relationship with CN-ICIMOD and liaise with other Chinese partners both in China and at ICIMOD.
- Master’s degree in Journalism, Information Management/Science, Development Communication, Knowledge Management, or related field with extensive experience in information, behavioural, and/or communications sciences
- Minimum two years of work experience in related field of communications as a communications specialist or journalist, as well as experience with a recognized national or international organization
- Sound knowledge of communication strategies, knowledge management tools, and information technology.
- High level of skills in Chinese and English language
Gender and Equity Policy
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. ICIMOD upholds a gender equity policy and is supportive of women professionals. It operates a day care centre on its campus and is committed to gender equity.
Applicants are requested to apply online before 31 Jul 2018 through ICIMOD’s online application system.