Job Title: Research to Action Communication Internship
Contract Type: 10 weeks, Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: equivalent to UK Real Living Wage
Deadline: Monday 17th July 2023
Location: Remote working, apply from anywhere!
About Research To Action
Research to Action (www.researchtoaction.org) – also known as R2A – is a widely recognised and respected online platform dedicated to strengthening the connection between research, policy, and practice in the field of international development. The platform serves as a valuable resource for researchers, practitioners, policymakers, and funders seeking to enhance the impact of research on development initiatives.
R2A contains a diverse range of resources, tools, and blogs that offer practical guidance on how to bridge the gap between research and evidence and the decisions and actions that should be informed by it. Our latest initiative, Impact Practitioners, has been put together to help our global audiences to plan, improve and measure research uptake, use and impact. Already containing more than 50 key resources, we are looking for someone to help us expand the repository.
Research to Action is proud to be part of the evidence-informed decision making (EIDM) ecosystem. We work with international organisations, NGOs, and academic institutions to effectively communicate research and evidence in order to drive positive change.
About the Role
Are you an enthusiastic, ambitious individual looking to gain experience in the world of global development and research? Are you a great writer and communicator, interested in gaining practical experience in research communication? We have a new exciting opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a passionate and motivated intern to join our dynamic team. This internship will provide valuable experience in research communication and the opportunity to learn more about the role of evidence in international development policy and practice.
R2A contains a diverse range of resources, tools, and blogs that offer practical guidance on how to bridge the gap between research and evidence and the decisions and actions that should be informed by it. Our latest initiative, Impact Practitioners, has been put together to help our global audiences to plan, improve and measure research uptake, use and impact. Already containing more than 50 key resources, we are looking for someone to help us expand the repository and produce compelling summaries that make them accessible and interesting to our global audience.
Key tasks as follows:
- Produce 300-400 words summarising each resource and its key findings
- Identify keywords, tags and categories for each resource to aid SEO
- Generate ‘pull out quotes’ and endorsements to be used in marketing
- Map authors and institutions’ social media profiles to use in R2A communication
- Identify resources that could be used in the initiative and add to central library
In addition to this assignment (estimated 75% of your time) you may also be asked to do the following:
- Support the creation of engaging and impactful content such as reports, articles, and blog posts.
- Conduct research and gather relevant information to support communication initiatives.
- Assist in the coordination and organisation of events, workshops, and webinars.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of research findings.
- Monitor media coverage and compile reports on relevant news and trends.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments and trends in global development and research communications.
- Tasks in support of the R2A team as required.
- Currently enrolled in or recently completed a degree program in communications, international development, or a related field.
- Strong interest in global development, evidence-informed decisionmaking, and research communication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information into clear and compelling content.
- Proficiency in using various digital tools and platforms.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively in a diverse team.
- Previous experience in research communication or related areas is a plus.
- Gain hands-on experience in research communications within the field of global development.
- Contribute to meaningful projects and make a positive impact on society.
- Work closely with experienced professionals and receive mentorship.
- Expand your professional network through interactions with global development stakeholders.
- Develop essential skills in strategic communication and project coordination.
- Enhance your resume and build a strong foundation for a career in research communications.
- Possibility of future employment or references based on performance.
How to Apply
If you think you have the right qualities and skills for this position, please send your CV along with a completed application form that can be found below:
We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We look forward to reviewing your application and supporting your professional growth in research communication for global development.
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact email@example.com.